Entire Part filter not available in Measure Distance 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

IfYouBuildIt

Aerospace
Jun 12, 2011
US
Using NX 8.0.3.4

The Measure Distance tool for Projected Distance has historically allowed me to select any vector in an assembly for projected direction by setting my selection filter to Entire Part. Yesterday, the options available suddenly changed, and I can no longer select Entire Part, only Work Part. This is for all Vector options, except for On Curve Vector, which for some reason still allows me to change to selection dropdown to Entire Part.

I do not recall changing any user preferences or customer defaults recently that I think would affect this. I was only alternating between different displayed and working parts/assemblies. The change is persistent and remains after restarting my machine and the software.

What's also strange is that I can run both a native installation of NX and a Teamcenter version (both are NX 8.0.3.4), and I can only select Work Part as described in both versions of NX. This makes me think something in my customer defaults have changed. I've checked those, and I have asked others in my organization if they are having the same issue, but everyone is still able to select Entire Part for Projected Distance inferred vector.

I really need to get back to allowing Entire Part selection for the Projected Distance inferred vector. Work-arounds by creating a datum in the work part are not going to be a long-term solution. Any ideas for what setting I may have changed?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't have NX 8 installed anymore, because it's more than five years old and completely out of maintenance at this point, but the only thing I can think of is the selection scope. Have you made sure that your selection scope is set to Entire Assembly?

URL]

Taylor Anderson
NX Product Manager, Knowledge Reuse and NX Design
Product Engineering Software
Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
(Phoenix, Arizona)

Thanks for the suggestion, but that's exactly what I want to do and I can't. The selection dropdown populates with "Within Work Part Only" as the only option to select.

I would look at the associative and create geometry options, if they are there in NX8.

Mark Rief
NX CAM Customer Success
Siemens PLM Software

Try a reset of the Measure Distance dialog (see image).

2017-04-24_15-37-42_ryhvxe.jpg

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

NX3 to NX11 with almost every MR (24versions)

I'd like to try the reset of Measure Distance dialog suggested, but the image link was broken in the post. Can you describe how to do this? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back