Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Entropy of superheated steam

Status
Not open for further replies.

schniels

Student
Oct 26, 2021
NL
Hello, I am a process engineering student and I need to do some calculations on superheated steam.
I want to calculate entropy for producing steam under specific conditions. I already used the h,s-Diagram and this site: to calculate the Entropy. I get the same result every time. For steam at 60 bars gauge, and 365 C I get a entropy value of about 6.4 kJ/kg*K.
But when I do the math with the equations and values from steam tables I always get a value below of 6.2 kJ/kg*K.
I am using these equations: With the same values for cp and enthalpy of evaporation as in the calculator.
Why is that, arent the calculators supposed to to exact this thing?
I need to be able to comprehend where the values come from, and 6.4 seems to be right. So what is wrong with the equations.. I hope someone can help me with this I am willing to provide any information.

Best regards,
schniels​

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Rounding differences in the actual arithmetic could lead to this difference - it seems to me that both sources are giving you practically the same answer.

So Ive been told now that using the diagram and the calculator is more accurate because they are based on real measured data.
With the equations being an approximation, so relying on the measured values is always the go-to with well researched topics like water.
Thank you really much for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back