Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Environmental Regulations, resin codes, and 3D printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

w3pbs

Mechanical
Mar 17, 2023
US
I currently work for a PCBA contract manufacturer as a component engineer, and my main task is to scrub BOMs against US and EU environmental regulations, using IPC and some proprietary guidelines.
This is my first post here on eng-tips.com, and I do not seem to find a better forum for the subject.

The "environmental regulation" terms suggests chemical engineering, and its a fact that brushing up a little on relevant topics such as alloys and polymers help navigating the CAS and other standards directories. But its a database work, not chemical engineering work.

Most of the times my "official" concerns are with the materials, and its substances that STAY with the articles, while I personally and privately stay with anything used during the manufacturing and assembly such as fixtures. The 3D printing industry is not yet serving material compliance data, which is one thing I am interested seeing.

So this is my first post, and I ask if there is a better place to discuss along these lines. Such as merging compliance data with or alongside the CAD data for 3D-printed models and such. For a specific example, the next version of OpenSCAD is likely to support JSON, and I would like to advocate for including environmental regulation sections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back