Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EPANET General Purpuse Valve - Flow Rate vs. Headloss Curve

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc27315

Civil/Environmental
Aug 21, 2009
US
Hello,

I'm running an EPANET model for a commercial metered system. I'm required to install a water meter near the single connection point to the system. The meter that was chosen will produce headloss that varies with flow rate through the meter. I've created a "Curve" in EPANET to represent this flow rate vs. headloss relationship. I'm struggling to figure out how to incorporate this curve. The EPANET Manual suggests that one of these curves can be assigned to a General Purpose Valve (GPV). However, when I add a GPV between two nodes in the model and look at its properties, I can't see anywhere to add the curve.

I have had success using pumps in EPANET, where I'm able to add a flow rate vs. pressure head "curve" to a Pump. But I am stuck on this one - trying to add a flow rate vs. headloss curve to a GPV.

Has anyone had luck using a flowrate vs. headloss curve in EPANET? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

use them on a regular basis, work great for modeling water meters, backflow devices and other devices with complex head losses
In the 'setting' block on the valve detail instead of a number (in PSI as used for a PRV) enter to the name of the curve

Hydrae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back