Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EPANET Operation manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tait

Civil/Environmental
Aug 17, 2015
CA
Hi,

I've recently been tasked with modelling an existing municipal water distribution system using EPANET. I have managed to draw up the pipe network and nodal demands with relative ease after simply following the basic user manual, however I now need to input the current pumps and rules that co-ordinate their operation. I have found very little help available to do this slightly more advanced work, and I am struggling to successfully run the results.

Is anyone aware of a users manual that provides more thorough help and guidance than the standard manual that is issued online?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you have any Bentley software legitimately you used to be able to easily get a copy of this reference

bentley advanced water distribution modeling and management

If you don't have any Bentley software legitimately you can sometimes get lucky using a google search for free PDF download of this reference manual which explains this very well.

The most appropriate method would be to obtain a fire hydrant flow test and use that data to model a three point pump curve which will give you data to enter into epanet

Thanks for the help, I've had a bit of luck with some online resources and trial and using trial and error methods to replicate actual flow tests.

I appreciate your help,

Tait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back