EPANET Properties Dialogue Box Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobarr

Civil/Environmental
Jan 7, 2013
US
Hello,
I am working with EPANET and for some reason, the properties dialogue box won't show up on my screen. When I first started working with the model (created by someone else), the properties box would often pop up half-way off the screen, and when I put my cursor over it, it would slide back into view. Now, I can't see it at all. I have a feeling that it is hidden somewhere beyond the limits of my screen, but that is just a guess. I am working on a computer with dual monitors (not sure if that matters).

Does anyone know how to find the properties dialogue box, or reset the program settings so that it will show up again?

Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm not familiar with EPANET, but here is a link to their support information:
When it comes to finding the window, try holding the "Alt" button and briefly tap the "Tab" button -- as you continue to tap the Tab button, it should show you all the available windows on your screen that you have available and allow you to select the window you want by releasing the buttons.

A possible cause and solution

I have found certain programs do not like dual screens, especially when the second screen is moved or a different location from the last time the laptop was connected to a second screen.
As such some windows or boxes are in an area that is not currently displayed.
The work around is to move the second screen in screen properties until the lost window is found.
EPAnet was written before dual screens were common so it may have the same undocumented feature (bug)

Hydrae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back