Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Eqations

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldbrodie

Mechanical
Nov 30, 2005
GB
Hi,

For the last few days I have been trying to equaly space a line of circles over a set distance. I think an eqation would do it but I cant figure out the best way to set it up.

Any advice would be great

thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

No equation needed. Just draw a chain of construction lines from circle center to circle center. Choose all the lines and constrain them with an "Equal" relation. Then dimension one of the lines.

Also, also ... If you use the Linear Sketch Pattern when in the sketch, you can add an overall dimension to the pattern and then use that dimension to drive the "set distance".

[cheers]

thanks for the replies. All are correct but say instead of a circle I had a square and wanted them spaced evenly over a set distance.

I have worked out how to set the equation for a circle but for a sq i am having a little trouble.

again any advice would be great.

Again, if you use the Linear Sketch Pattern you can set both X & Y directions, skip the patterned holes produced inside the square, and add overall dimensions to control the length required.

[cheers]

These all apply the same for a circle or a square. For the construction line method, just pick some location on the square to use for each connection point. A linear sketch driven pattern will behave exactly the same for a square as for a circle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back