Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Equations seem to not reference vectors correctly 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtlasBlack

Mechanical
Oct 27, 2013
US
I'm not that great at Mathcad and I apologize if some of my terminology is wrong but I'm having a problem. I'm trying to ultimately determine outlet temperatures in a set of parallel counter-flow heat exchangers. At one point I have the worksheet solve for the minimum number of exchangers in parallel needed to satisfy a maximum pressure drop given a range of possible lengths. Everything seems to work fine but I noticed my temperatures were way off so looking back through the worksheet and starting the UA calculations, all the values are wrong. It appears as though the values aren't being pulled in the same order from all the vectors. If I reference the first value in each of the relevant vectors, I get the hand calculated answer, but if I let Matchcad just run through and give the 10 values, they are all wrong. It's as if its pulling random values. I've attached the worksheet for reference. Thanks for any help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yeah I posted this question in 2 locations in an attempt to increase the odds of finding an answer. Thanks for the reply though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back