Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Equipment Schedule vs Equipment Specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

engineerheriam

Nov 9, 2009
US
For an Engineering Project, what is the purpose of Equipment Schedules?

I understand that the specs are a detailed description and listing of equipment characteristics, performance, materials, etc. that the installer will bid on.

So what is the Equipment Schedule used for?

Are Equipment Schedule and Equipment Specs the same thing? If not, what is the difference?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I guess it is possible the Equipment schedule is a confirmation list of equipment with quantities.

Equipment Spec would then have each item on the schedule with a specification of its properties and performance.

Is this for tender or for construction?

Hi engineerheriam

I suppose they could mean the same thing however the equipment schedule could be when the pieces of equipment are due for delivery either to site or your works.

desertfox

An equipment schedule is a listing of the equipment required with quantities, it generally gives some high level of information about the equipment. The you go to the data sheet or specification to get the details. It's like a line list, only for equipment.

Greg Lamberson, BS, MBA
Consultant - Upstream Energy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back