Erosion velocity, Sand production

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majid_F93

Geotechnical
Feb 2, 2018
IR
Hi
i am modeling sand production in well-bore and i have some question about "erosion equation"
i look to erosion equation was proposed by Papamichos and Malmanger (2001) (the picture of this equation is displayed at the end of this thread)
The unit of erosion velocity is (m/s). Do you know any other related articles to this subject which i will become familiar with other erosion equation?

1212_kpawh5.jpg

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You asked about sand erosion in elbows.

The attached report is on that subject.

Please read it.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

thank you LittleInch
But i wanted related article about "erosion velocity" at sand production phenomenon in open hole(without casing) or casing completion not elbows.

Majid,

You need to be a bit clearer about what you want / are looking for as I'm confused.

Is this about the sand production from a reservoir or the effects of that sand on the pipework.

My interpretation was the latter, but I think you're interested in the former??

I will admit I didn't read the attachment properly as I was looking on a mobile device at the time.

Have you searched on line or this site?
e.g.
Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Assuming that your study is aimed at sand management, i.e. establishing an acceptable sand production envelope, you may do no worse than Google search on such terms as "sand management of gas wells" as an example. You will achieve a large number of hits which should lead to an enjoyable time in following them up.

Steve Jones
Corrosion Management Consultant

All answers are personal opinions only and are in no way connected with any employer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back