Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Error 1606 Could not access network location....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph2

Industrial
May 3, 2002
CA
I wonder if anyone can help with this problem. Doing a Google search brings up lots of instances but no solutions.

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and would like to install my AutoCad 14 on that system. However.. I get error messages which if ignored the installation proceeds but does nothing. Error 1606 Could not access network location Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\R19.1.

From what I have been able to find this is a registry issue. And Autodesk gives some generic information: From Solution:
This error can occur if the SYSTEM account in Windows is unable to locate user-specific folders during the unattended installation.

To ensure the SYSTEM account can find the folders it needs, make sure that the following registry value is set to a valid location and that the SYSTEM account has Full Control permissions.

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders

Check:

Name | Value

Local Settings | C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings

Local AppData | C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Application Data

Note: The values for the above registry entry may vary from machine to machine, and are intended to serve as examples only.

Has anyone with Windows 10 resolved / fixed this problem and if so.. how? I.. am suspecting part of my problem is that I have moved all the user(s) to a different HD (D:) keeping my programs only on a SSD

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thank you all but I have resolved my own problem. As suspected it was due to me having my "users" on my D: hard drive. The workaround was to create a public folder as in C:\Users\Public\Documents
So, the installation then creates C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\AutoCAD Architecture 2014 - English\R19.1\PTXML with a file called AdskHwCertificationDatabase.xml

Worked for me[bigsmile]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back