Error message in ETABS

Status
Not open for further replies.

compe_ad

Civil/Environmental
Apr 20, 2022
US
Hi all!
Can anyone please help me to understand and eliminate following errors in my model?
1> I am using deck sections in my etabs model. I am having error meassage related to this. It says:
Warning: Check meshing, At Story1 area F2 ( .75?% Reduction)
Why is this happening and how to eliminate this?
2> I think if lost accuracy in the structure after analysis is more than 11 digits then I should be worried about it. Otherwise, it can be just informative message, right?
3> What does Diag = 0 --> 1.00E-10 means? It is just warning or error?
Thank you in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Something in the mesh algorithm has resulted in a loss of mesh area. If this is a larger chunk - you can often see this as a hole in the analysis mesh. However the increment seems quite small - so it may be difficult to find. But it has indicated which area is having an issue, so you just have to work on area F2 to make sure all of it's joints line up with neighbouring shells.

I don't think that deck sections should be meshed though - unless I am incorrect. Deck sections should be four node quads that just distribute load to beams using tributary width.

It seems like you have a lot of ETABS questions about real projects - I would make sure you have someone who can oversee this kinds of questions because waiting for forum answers is going to slow you down dramatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back