Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error -Publication in part that is in product structure

Status
Not open for further replies.

appvid

Automotive
Nov 9, 2012
US
hello
For some reason, When I crate Publication in a part that is in product structure , comes with yellow exclamatory . So I'm not able to publish
(copy into)in other parts of the product. Meaning I can not import link
Surprisingly This happening to few solids, not all of them.

But when I open part "open in new window", Yellow Exclamatory goes away. This forces to use CCP links.
why is it happening, any ideas??

thanks
app

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello, I tried to recreate this picture, but everything is fine, I can't get this problem.
As I can see some of the links are good in part and assy.

Do you create them in the same way?

Did you have this problem all the time or just now?

Maybe you can delete CATSettings and make a new one if this problem starts in the last time.

I dont get this problem in all other assemblies either. I have even tried to delete and recreate but doesn't not solve the problem.
I wanted to know why it behaves different in assembly mode and part opened by itself.
I dont think deleting cat settings would solve the problem.
Thanks

Hmm, is it possible that you have in that product same publications as In the part, because it's possible to create publications in product also.

Like you have part publications, but also you have that same things publicate in product?

I think I had same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back