Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error - "This is a fault of the software not your model"

Status
Not open for further replies.

prk1994

Mechanical
Jan 8, 2024
AT
Hello,
the error message pops up during the simulation, and afterward, the program automatically closes without allowing me to save any progress.

It occurs in the Adams View 2023.1 version. In the 2019.2 version, the same simulation only stops without an error message - but also doesn't resolve the simulation.

If anyone has encountered a similar problem or has insights on how to fix it, I would greatly appreciate your assistance. Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards
Error_ftov0n.jpg

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi there,
Here you can do one thing,
Open your system in 2019.2, somehow try to remove the error, for that you might even try to change the damper property file for once.
Based on your simulation results as well, you can recognize the part with error and optimize it.
Once done, you may take the system into new version and redo those changes.It generally happens when Adams go through various errors, added to that is the conversion from v2019.2 to v2023.1.

Cheers and have a good day!
VG
Pulkit Sharma

"In the 2019.2 version, the same simulation only stops without an error message - but also doesn't resolve the simulation."

Hmm, ADAMS very rarely just stops processing without telling you something. Look at msg file. If that is not helpful (it won't be particularly) switch debug/eprint on.

Cheers

Greg Locock

New here? Try reading these, they might help FAQ731-376

@GregLocock

Asking you irregardless of the current problem, Do you mean every error we get on Adams (Car), It somehow states there that what or where the problem persists? Where can I learn about the Adams troubleshooting? Is there any literature?
Thanks in advance!

Viele Grüße
Pulkit Sharma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back