Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Errors and Omissions insurance for Aviation Engineering

Status
Not open for further replies.

EngineerMicah

Aerospace
Jul 27, 2006
US
Hi - I am trying to get E&O insurance for a small consulting firm. Since AIG is not writing policies!!! Can someone with E&O insurance give me a name of someone that will do E&O for aviation?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Well,

I found E&O insurrance and for a small firm it works out to about 10% of gross sales.... no wonder no one said, yeah we have that.

Micah Hamley, PE
Aeronautical Engineer & FAA DER
- Keep those old planes flying! -

I thought I saw the topic discussed in AMT magazine (for A&Ps), but I never looked into it. I haven't exercised my license for a while.

I did remember it because, it is one of my pre-conditions for working under my license in GA. At large airlines they work mostly under a carriers certificate which is why they sign for their work with an employee number instead of their license number.

They are still responsible in a punative sense, but the airline has the deep pocket.

A few of the guys at the Commeriative Air Force hangar next to the FBO were recruiting help and I asked them if they had any coverage for their free work on the old warbirds. They haddn't looked into it.

They were just buttoning up the Sea Fury they keep there. A couple days ago, I was out pre-flighting when the local F4U Corsair did a flyby and landed too. I love watching those old muscle machines. Great to have folks in the neighborhood with real money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back