Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Estimated Wastewater Flows

Status
Not open for further replies.

sewerratt

Civil/Environmental
Jan 17, 2003
US
Any thoughts on estimated wastewater flows from fastfood restaurants compared with typical sitdown restaurants? I'd expect more from the sit down but.... Any flow ranges you'd speculate on? I've seen the Handbook numbers but they don't break it down.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

A suggestion,

Go to your local water supplier and ask them if they'll give you water meter readings from several fast food restaurants in your locale. You should be able to get an idea of average daily flow this way. If they have peak hour flows that would help a lot but handbook peaking factors are available, if not.

Good luck,

Restaurant with drive-in (typical fast-food) : 60 L/day per parking or seats. Otherwise, 50-75 L/d per employee. These are the design criteria accepted by our local authorities.

Hope it helps.

Metcalf & Eddy specs the following:

3 gal/day/meal served, add 3 gal/day/patron if there is a bar/lounge (only add to the number of patrons anticipated to use the bar).

To get #meals, I assume, 1 hour/meal, 6 seats per table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back