Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Etabs diaphragm forces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rantamental

Structural
Feb 17, 2016
IR
Hi guys
I have modeled a structure with 4stages but complicated just a little bit!
until first floor it is integrated but will separated after first one, then i have to define two diaphragm, also they are rigid.
1- is there any way to find force of diaphragm in Etabs?? for example if the shear story is 1000 KN and i have tow diaphragms it can say that the left one absorb 400 KN and the right absorb 600 KN ??
2-as i could not find answer of first Question , i get another way to solve it, in static analysis for instance in X direction, i selected all column of the story that is below of both diaphragms and read the forces of all columns in top station , exactly top of column, it is clear that sum of these forces will be equal to story shear but my problem is another one, i found from gravity loads and axial forces from selected columns that the left diaphragm contains about 54% of mass and the right one includes about 46% of mass but the left one absorb about 65% of earth quake loads!! i got confused please help me...
also a picture of my structure attached
94-11-23_fwsioj.jpg

also it shows that center of rigidity for D3 diaphragm is out of building !!!!!
Untitled_vhcxxm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back