Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

European Manufacturers & CE Approval?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssbei

Mechanical
Sep 11, 2003
CA
I'm working on a job to be installed outside the US. The HVAC equipment includes:

- 100% outside air truss-mounted hot water heating and ventilating unit (about 6,000 CFM) - filters, coil and fan;
- 100% outside air truss-mounted ventilating units (up to 6,000 CFM) - filter and fan;
- 50 MBH hot water horizontal unit heaters;
- 3/4-ton self-contained heat pump unit (thru-the-wall).

I'm trying to select equipment but the tricky part, aside from the unusual (to me) electrical characteristics, is that equipment must be CE approved. The US manufacturers I'm familiar with do not have this approval rating, let alone the 50 Hz electrics (400/3/50 and 230/1/50).

Can anyone point me to web sites, or provide contact information, for any European manufacturers of this equipment that carry CE approval - or of US manufacturers who can provide equipment with CE approval?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm sure that all the large players from the US (I checked a UK Trane catalog and can confirm) will list their equipment with CE approval otherwise they cannot sell in the EC market. This is done in much the same manner, although not to same degree of restriction, as a UL listing in the US.

Select the equipment from the catalog appropriate to the country you are selecting for. Different countries have different codes/standards and the specifications may be rather dissimilar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back