Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

European name for EN1A please 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binty

Materials
Sep 23, 2002
My company moved from the UK to France and I need to order some parts made from EN1A mild steel. Does any one know what they call it in France?

I know that EN1A is an extremely popular grade in the UK.
Unfortunately the terminology between the two countries is different and I can't seem to find enough information over here to specify exactly what I want. (mild steel is mild steel is mild steel...)

By looking in various metals databases etc I've see that
EN1A = 22Mo7 although I've also seen it written as BS 970 230M07.
I just can't seem to find the other side of the translation and none of the local tool manufacturers recognise any description I've been able to provide so far.

Hopefully this will be a really easy question for one of you out there. Any help much appreciated,
Thanks,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

My cross reference does not have the exact designation, but it does have 220M07 listed as AISI 1213. Maybe yours is 1215 and they can cross reference it from that?

Here is a link that gives the properties of it it also has the DIN number of 1.0715.

Hope this helps

Mike Bensema

EN1A is an old designation for the grade now known as 230M07 in BS 9070 Part 3. The French equivalent is grade S250 referenced in the standard AFNOR NF A 35-561. The Euronorm equivalent is grade 11SMn30 referenced in EN 10087. I recommend you become better acquainted with Euronorm standards if you will be working with vendors and customers in different European countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back