Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel for wet-well and pump sizing

Status
Not open for further replies.

onyeuko

Civil/Environmental
May 5, 2007
IT
I compiled this Excel program as to help me in the design of wet-well and pumps. Can someone check if there is something that I missed out and also tell me how to animate the program so that when less than the number of the pumps shown on the diagram are required(like when 2 pumps are required instead of 4, the redundant 2 pumps on the diagram disappear; both from the diagram and in the calculation, leaving behind only the number(s) of pumps that are specified for, both in the diagram and the calculation)
Link to the file is: Note: I do not know anything about animation.
Teddy

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You might check out

Lift station design
thread770-160272

and

Distance from inlet to suction -wet well
thread164-153148

stanier wrote: "ITT Flygt have some great publications on the design of wet wells. In addition their Secad software allows the design of wet wells and covers all you need. In addition ABS pumps have their PSD software that aids the design of wet wells. If you were in Sydney I could help further with resources."

Here's some links for you that might be helpful in comparing your spreadsheet results to other analysis packages...

ITT Flygt Engineering software

ABS Pump Selection & Planning Software

Pump Ed 101 (Understanding Pumps, Motors, and Their Controls)

Flowserve Corporation Software

Vertiflow Pump Selection Software

Myers Pump Software

Tuthill Pump Group Software

tsgrue: site engineering, stormwater
management, landscape design, ecosystem
rehabilitation, mathematical simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back