Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Excel How to go from list to worksheet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprintcar

Mechanical
Oct 16, 2001
US
I seem to recall a 'go to' function in either Excel or VB that let's you select a name from a list on worksheet "list" and have the program open that selected sheet, all in the same workbook of course.

I can't find it in my Excel Help section - I guess MS is getting cheaper with the assistance.

I've created a workbook of customers, cell A1 is the account name in all sheets.

Thanks in advance.

It's only a complete day when you Learn something and Teach something!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The list is gone, but you can still use ^g to get the Goto function and use sheetNN!a1 or somesuch to get to that cell on that sheet.

Might help to post in the spreadsheets forum next time, tho...

TTFN

FAQ731-376

Thanks IR
The spreadsheets are just text listing of company name, contact info... nothing fancy

I was hoping to imbed something so it would just be a mouse click on the list name... I can move across all the tabs to the right sheet but that lacks style!

It's only a complete day when you Learn something and Teach something!

Oh, OK, what you can do is to define a cell on each sheet with the sheet name, then the Goto list will show all the sheet names and you click the one you want and away you go.

TTFN

FAQ731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back