Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[Excel] Mirroring chart changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skullmonkey

Computer
Dec 10, 2001
US
I am currently keeping a database-like workbook that, when changed by a network user, will update an internal website with an image of one of its charts. Here's where things get tricky: the website was scripted by someone else and lacks any flexibility with its images. In order to make the image "look good" I had to keep the chart as an embedded chart in sheet - small enough to avoid being resized by the website. This is awkward.

I'm trying to keep the chart as a full-page chart instead of an embedded chart in a worksheet. Here's my thought: keep the chart object and have it update the (hidden) embedded chart whenever changed have occured in it, either formatting or source data. This way no one has to hurt their eyes looking at the smaller, embedded chart. This brings me to my problem:

Does anyone know of a way that I can mirror changes of a chart onto an embedded chart? There might be several ways to accomplish this, but I would prefer to avoid using the clipboard.

My gratitude to anyone who can offer advice.

-Skullmonkey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back