Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Excel Type Forms in Python

Status
Not open for further replies.

sticksandtriangles

Structural
Apr 7, 2015
US
Does anyone know of a way in python to create editable forms similar to that of excel (see snip below for what I would like the user to see)?

image_d70jqs.png

I am trying to do some post processing from ETABs and wanted to expand the python skill set a little.

From my googling, it looks like maybe flask package might do the trick?

S&T

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Flask is a web framework which would make it "easy" to deploy on a company intranet so folks wouldn't need python installed.

As Agent noted a TkInter GUI with the form table constructed of input fields arranged in a grid system will get you the same result. PyQT GUI can also accomplish the same thing. Stack Overflow post on the topic: Link

Open Source Structural Applications:

@Celt83, did you mention you liked a book helping you learn GUIs?

I think I am going to need to call in a little more reinforcing for learning rather than just watching youtube videos/browsing stackoverflow.

Defining of classes and learning to make windows is more challenging than what I anticipated.
Everything I am reading feels like it is written in hieroglyphics [dazed]

S&T

Defining of classes and learning to make windows is more challenging than what I anticipated.
Everything I am reading feels like it is written in hieroglyphics

That's why it makes sense to me to call Python code from Excel, so you don't have to worry about coding graphic interfaces.

Doug Jenkins
Interactive Design Services

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back