Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

ExcelVBA error: "License Not Found"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBD26

Aerospace
Mar 2, 2009
US
I've been using excel to run ESRD StressCheck through its COM API interface. Never had any issues with this, works just fine. I recently had a standalone "spinoff" program called StressCheck ToolBox installed, which has a similar COM API but with its own object library. The library is recognized by excel just fine, and everything in the registry is pointing to the right place. However, when I execute a macro for this program, I get the following error:

"License information for this component not found. You do not have an appropriate license to use this functionality in the design environment."

Searching the internet shows that this error isn't all that uncommon, but it seems like people who encounter this have it happen across the board for any macro they try to run. In my case, it's just this one program I get this error for. It works fine for any other program. There are executables floating around that apparently fix this for the people whose macros don't work at all, but this is a work machine that I'm not able to run any unapproved .exe file on, so that isn't an option. And it seems like my issue is a little bit different, anyway. I'm not a VBA genius, so I really don't have any idea how to tackle this. Any input is much appreciated

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I had this happen a while ago, I cannot remember what caused it and what I did to fix it but I did solve the issue. If I had to guess casting my mind back it was something do do with a missing file relating to a reference to an active x control I had in a form in a word file (in vba window goto tools/references and see if anything is ticked but listed as missing, but you note excel sees you reference object). I added a library file required and registered it based on some instructions I found. Cannot recall 100% though.

If it's a third party programme just ask the developer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back