Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exhaust from SGT6 5000F turbines

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKALLPA

Mechanical
Oct 2, 2012
AR
Im having problems with my GT exhaust turbine because of combined cycle, we have had insulation detachment and it is a several problem since we have to shut down and repair my damper. I need information about the possible root...

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'd guess that it's gettin' too hot for whatever is attachin' the insulation.
So the insulation falls off, and what? ... fouls your damper?
Find a better way to attach the insulation, or make your damper more resistant to fouling by insulation.

Mike Halloran
Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

We have found insulation from Diverter Dumper breaks off, im talking about the liners (plates)... I think diverter's movement because of HRSG trips could be a problem?... plates detachment was found only at the front of the diverter ( not exhaust walls)

JC

Have you considered differential expansion of the various metal parts of the diverter damper? Is it at uniform tmeperature, or is there a rapid transition upon a trip?
rmw

Are you burning gas fuel or liquid fuel?
Liquid fuel will break your heart...

How old (hours/starts) is the thing? Is this a base loaded or cyclic operation? Exhaust systems are very sensitive to cyclic operation.

saludos.
a.

We are operating in combined cycle since April 2012, we use natural gas as fuel and we are on cyclic operation ... there are a rapid transition upon a trip... Is it something normal? I'd like to know about your experiences.

JC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back