Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EXPAND/COLAPS SHORTCUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

desCANADA

Automotive
Nov 24, 2003
CA
THE DEFAULT SHORTCUT IS "C". I CANT SEEM TO GET IT TO WORK THO. ALSO, WHEN USING THE VEW FEATURES/DEPENDANCES SHORTCUT, (VERY USEFUL BTW) IT ONLY SEEMS TO WORK WHEN THE FEATURE TREE IS SPLIT, AND ONLY ON THE BOTTOM ONE.

ANY HELP, AND SUGGESTION ON OTHER USEFUL SHORTCUTS ARE WELCOME.

THANKS

'MATT

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Maybe it is affected by your "Caps Lock" key being on.

[bat]If the ladies don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.[bat]

Cap Lock doesnt seem to effect it. Ive also tryed using the shortcut when inside the tree, as well as when in model space.

You didn't say, so I assume you are using 2004? I have 2004 and my Expand/Collapse did not work either...

Until I figured out what they were doing. Expand/Collapse works ONLY (?) on the transparent tree that appears in the graphic window when doing something like a Edit Feature.

Try that, and it should expand/collapse....

-----------
Mr. Pickles

My first guess would be to go into your menu customization box, to keyboard, and find where it list that shortcut as C. Remove it, and then re-apply it. Hopefully it gives you an error saying that C is already used. If so go chg the other shortcut (whatever it is) and come back and replace this one. I had "circle" being C and this one set to C. Now mine works fine.
And fyi... caps lock does not effect shortcut keys.

Service Pack 1.0 (SP1.0) has recently been released for sw2004. Maybe this might solve your problem...
Its about 115mb i believe...so im sure it has fixed something there. [afro]

Scott,

Are you saying yours does not work either? My 2004 sp1 works on the transparent tree, like I mentioned above. Do you think it "should work" on the "fixed" tree also, like previous versions?

-----------
Mr. Pickles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back