Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Expanded Metal in SW 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBaugh

Mechanical
Mar 6, 2001
US
So I done a lot of searching found some GrabCAD models but they were all to small and unchangeable. Some people suggestioned a Texture and even a hatch, but when you need to see the parts behind the expanded metal, none of those options work. I tried the texture and in the model it worked OK... but in the drawing it was just a solid part without any representation and the items behind were no seen.

So I came up with this model that is a little large in file size 5MB. Also the expanded hole is larger than normal, but that is to help reduce file size. The part is a 48" x 120" Expanded Stainless Steel sheet that you can modify to your needs.

I thought I would share this with everyone since my site is no longer up and running.

Kind regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
Gryphon Environmental
"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

Thanks for sharing, Scott. I know what a PITA expanded metal, and other similar products, can be.

Jeff Mirisola, CSWE
My Blog

Thanks Scott.
You can also use the new fill pattern command.

Chris, CSWA
SolidWorks '15
SolidWorks Legion

ctopher,

I tried that but couldn't get the look I wanted plus it made it really slow. Using a sketch driven pattern actually made it perform better.

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
Gryphon Environmental
"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back