Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

expanding my services

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbroselogan

Mechanical
May 14, 2007
US
I am re-establishing my consulting practice and would like to increase my revenue stream. In my circle of engineers, I was the one that was called for AutoCAD, SolidWorks and China answers. Now I would like to increase my China services and develop it as a revenue stream. I have a few manufactures in China that I have worked with for several years and more vendors that I just started working with.

I would like to find a more varied list of trustworthy factories in China, (I now have a couple injection molders, blow molders, glass manuf. toolmakers, a sheet metal house, and a couple assemblers and component houses). I would like to find quality inspectors that would go to the factories and do in-house inspection so that my clients would be assured of their products. (I too have many stories of a China factory changing specs just cause 'it's China'.) I do have a friend that is fluent in Mandrin and works for a local company dealing with the China vendors. I have found a couple of factories thru him but he does all the QA for his company- he doesn't know any off-shore inspectors.

Does anyone have recommendations for Quality inspectors, manufacturers and agents in China? Offering not only the design, but the manufacturing/inspection to a client would be a strong factor for continues growth for my consultantcy.

Thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm not sure if this will help, but have you tried MFG.com. I post rfq's there for manufacture of parts, and get all kinds of quotes from companies in China and other countries.

Why not try and do the work here in the US. There are plenty of reputable comapnies wanting to work with a person putting things together to get things done.

Besides we do not need to feed those that want to take us out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back