Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Experience of Solidworks Routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

crevie

Mechanical
Oct 8, 2015
GB
I'm new to eng-tips and I'm interested in finding out other users experience of Solidworks Routing. I've been involved with the drafting and modelling of a flow rig calibration facility and have used Solidworks Routing to layout the pipework for the supply and return lines to the rigs from the cold, warm and hot tanks via manifolds. The rigs use Schedule 10 pipework in sizes 2",3",4" and 6" and I'm using valves, reducers, pumps, T-Pieces and bends as you would expect plus also inflatable cuffs.

I've had various problems with the software ranging from stability, crashes, bugs, hangs, routes blowing apart when making minor changes, parts rotating when inserting, but to name a few. I've looked at optimising large assembly performance which included managing the assembly structure to use mates in a way that reduce rebuild times. I've also looking at other ways of optimising Assembly performance.

I'm looking for an intelligent discussion on how to manage the Solidworks Routing software and finding out ways to make life a bit easier. I'm interested in finding out why these behaviours exist and if there are ways of reducing these problems. I'd also be interested in hearing other peoples experience of the Solidworks Routing software and their way of coping.

Craig Revie IEng MIMechE, CSWP
Mechanical Draftsman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back