Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EXPLICIT user-defined hyperelastic material property def

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJtree23

Bioengineer
Jun 11, 2008
US
My Fortran user subroutine files calls on material props(1)...props(7), when I define the material in CAE as user-defined I select the number of material parameters to 7.

However, there is no location to enter the constants. Where can I define these material constants? I am assuming it is to be done in CAE and not the Fortran file is the correct?

PJ

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

After selecting "User Material" in the "General" section of the "Edit Material" dialog... you can enter the parameters in the "Mechanical Constants" section.

You also must choose "Depvar" in the "General" section of the "Edit Material" dialog and select the number of state variables (likely different from your number of material parameters entered above).

I don't know if there is anywhere that you actually enter the number of material parameters (to 7 as you indicated you did above). So you must've done it in the wrong place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back