Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Explode Dynamic Blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

IFRs

Petroleum
Nov 22, 2002
US
My dynamic blocks are taking up way too much space in my drawing. I have 2 dynamic blocks, each with 30 definitions or so - pipe flanges and valves where the dynamic block contains all the sizes and styles we use. At first I thought this was a great idea but now my drawing is 20 Mb or so and it is too unwieldy. I think that the hundreds of insertions if these blocks has done this. Ideally I would like to run some command that strips all the definitions out of the dynamic block instances and leaves only the size and style that was selected. In my perfect world, the remaining objects would be a block with the selected size and style being the block name. Any ideas out there for this?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm not sure that each insert of a dynamic block carries all the options along with it; only the block definition should. Perhaps you could run a test with just one instance/insert of the block, one drawing with 10, one with 20, and see if the drawing size changes dramatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back