Exploded view from another assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich944

Mechanical
Feb 8, 2007
GB
Hi all,

I have a drawing that needs to show an exploded view from an assembly further up the tree. I know that I can take a part view from other assys but it seems I cannot take a part view from the other assemblies spec file, which is where I have to create the exploded view (using the master model drafting method). I there any way to do this? I don't really want to import the higher level assembly into the spec file I am working in as that would mean building up the assembly twice.

Edit: NX Version 1892 Build 2903

Cheers,
Rich

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'll get back to you on this when I have more time, but I have one quick suggestion.
Maybe try copying the view from the one drawing and pasting it into this drawing.
You may have issues if the first drawing is a larger size than the drawing being pasted into.

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX1899

Thanks for the suggestion Jerry, unfortunately when I paste I get the error "Unable to paste selected views due to failure to load reference part". I tried to add the reference spec file and it says "cannot add: XXXXX/1-NAME (specification: XXXXX/1), Reason: Part is not suitable for use as a component of an assembly. To be fair this would create a circular reference as this part is a component of the higher assy.

Rich

We use arrangements because the exploded utility is so limited. I know this does not answer your question but could be a different avenue you could look into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back