Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exponential cohesive law

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenJS

Structural
Dec 20, 2012
NL
Hi all,

I have a problem to define the cohesive law for 2 sets of interface elements in Abaqus CAE (version 6.11.2).
I know how to define a lineair elastic- and softening domain. But for my model i need the cohesive laws as shown in the image below.

Untitled2.jpg

The pull-out behaviour (red line in the figure below) could be modelled with a elastic first branch.
Then damage evolution should be able to be moddeled with a tabular softening branch for the damage evolution.
I first want to try this tabular softening for a lineair softening behavior.
However completly incorrect results are generated. When using the following keywords (.ipn file is added in the attachement).

*Element, type=COH2D4
1, 2, 4, 3, 1
*Material, name=COHESIVE
*Damage Initiation, criterion=MAXS
2.5e-05, 2.5e-05, 2.5e-05
*Damage Evolution, type=DISPLACEMENT, softening=TABULAR

** Section: Section-1-_PICKEDSET2
*Cohesive Section, elset=_PICKEDSET2, material=COHESIVE, response=TRACTION SEPARATION, thickness=SPECIFIED
1., 1.
*Elastic, type=TRACTION
0.1, 0.1, 0.1

What do i do wrong with modelling these tabular softening laws?

For the splitting behavior (blue line) i need to adjust the initial elastic branch.
I do not know how to model this behavior in Abaqus CAE.
Is there any way to create such a cohesve law without having to create a VUMAT/UMAT?
I have the data of the traction-separation diagram in a tabular for but i could write a exponential/polynominal function.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back