Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export Assy outside TeamCenter and Cloning assy in Native and keep the family parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormyb

Mechanical
Jun 11, 2010
NL
Hello,
I exported an assy outside Teamcenter. There are a lot of files exported which aren't in the assembly, but somehow they had a reference in TC with the assembly (maybe due to a save as of a component or something like that)

So now I have a directory full of files which are relevant and some aren't.

I want to sort these and I thought: let's do a "clone assembly" and I only will have the parts in the new directory which belong in the assy.

When I exported the assy outside TC I got the question what to do with family parts:
Threat them as lost or save them as single non family part. i added the last option.

When i want to do a clone of this assembly in NX native i got the question by NX: there are family parts. these parts will be threated as lost.
I thought: hmmm, didn't i just... What just happened...erm..

My question: What is the right trick to clone the so called family-parts "which-aren't-family-parts-anymore"?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back