Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export large assembly in TC as JT files

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmacca

Mechanical
Mar 19, 2008
AU
I have a large assembly in TC (created with NX) that I wont to export as a JT assembly so people without TC access can view the assembly JT model with just the free JT viewer. The individual JT files are already created in TC under each part Item revision as a dataset.

What's the quickest/easiest way to export this assembly as a JT assembly that can be viewed with JT2go and maintain the assembly structure?

Do I have to open the assembly in NX and if so do I need the assembly fully loaded and then use the JT export command? Or is there a quicker way to do this as the JT files already exist?

Regards,

Clayton

NX 9.0.3.4 mp12, TC 10.1

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

When you open your structure in the Teamcenter Structure Manager and open the Datapanel, you can select from the graphics menu the below option.
Export 3D file. There you have the option to select JT as export format.

JTExport_vwlaf8.png

Ronald van den Broek
Senior Application Engineer
Winterthur Gas & Diesel Ltd
NX9 / TC10.1.2

Building new PLM environment from Scratch using NX11 / TC11

We don't have that on our menu drop down. Is there a setting to turn it on or is it a license thing, we have the base version of TC vis.

Capture_j3dvr3.jpg

NX 9.0.3.4 mp12, TC 10.1

Then most probably it is a license thingy indeed.
We have the advanced TC Vis.

Ronald van den Broek
Senior Application Engineer
Winterthur Gas & Diesel Ltd
NX9 / TC10.1.2

Building new PLM environment from Scratch using NX11 / TC11

In the end I used the command line utility assy_jt_creator. Seems to have worked ok. Thanks for your help.

NX 9.0.3.4 mp12, TC 10.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back