Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export model with Slope/Draft Analysis 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MI95SHO

Mechanical
Dec 20, 2012
US
Searching through the WWW, I found an article that suggests you can export a model using the Mold Wizard functionality with the faces colored to your draft analysis (linked below). However the posting is vague and I am unable to follow it. Is anyone aware of this/a method to export a model with either Slope or Draft Analysis turned on, or the face colors saved to the model? I would like to be able to create a 3D PDF with the draft rendering enabled so engineers may be able to review the model with additional detail. When I try to use the Face color management like suggested, I get Color Spreadsheet errors as well as other issues that do not seem to be working for me.

Thanks in advance,

The original article can be found here;
--
Design Technician
NX 9.0 with SmarTeam Integration.
TeamCenter 10
CATIA V5 R18-R24

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think that , if you have the NX Mold Wizard, there is an option in the "Check Regions" to apply the analysis colors to the faces of the model. - This will be exported to JT etc.
Else this coloring is a "analysis Display mode" which i doubt will be exported to JT.

Regards,
Tomas

Thank you Toost. This method does work. Unfortunately it is limited to 5 colors (2+, 2-, nominal), but other than that I am able to still able to get something out to the other engineers.

If anyone has any other ideas/suggestions to expand on this, I would love to hear them.

Thank you again.

--
Design Technician
TeamCenter 10
CATIA V5 R18-R24

NX CAM has the 'NC Assistant'. One of the analysis tools is 'Draft' and you can save colors on exit. I ran 'NC assistant > Draft' on a model, then exported as a parasolid and that worked.

Thanks LOCHNAR. I like the possibilities with it. Unfortunately I ended up with 17sets of the same 14-colors.

Thanks again

--
Design Technician
TeamCenter 10
CATIA V5 R18-R24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back