Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Exporting ANT and Mass Properties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christian_RR

Aerospace
Jul 9, 2024
US
I'm working in NX 1953 and trying to export the ANT and Mass Properties, as I need combined information from both. I am aware than NX is unable to export these as a single document. However, when exporting the assembly navigator and the mass properties, I get a large difference in the number of items exported (~9000 from ANT vs. ~12,000 from Mass Properties). Has anyone run into this issue before? I understand that when exporting the ANT, it is exported just as displayed in NX. What is being exported when exporting from the Mass properties tab? Is it not the mass properties of each component in the ANT?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I assume you export the ANT by right click- export, but how do you export the mass properties ?

Have you tried enabling mass as a column in the ANT ?

Regards,
Tomas

The more you know about a subject, the more you know how little you know about that subject.

That is how I exported the ANT with all items loaded, expanded, and unpacked.

I exported mass properties from the mass properties panel (Menu > Analysis > Advanced Mass Properties > Show Mass Properties Panel). Unfortunately, I also need center of gravity, moment of inertia, and radius of gyration which, to my understanding, are not available in the ANT.

There are ~9,000 components in this assembly, so I'm a little confused on how there are ~12,000 components when exporting mass properties. I also could not find rhyme or reason to the order of the components when exporting mass properties (they vaguely line up with the ANT when sorted by Object ascending).

Any insight is greatly appreciated!

I tried this export from the mass properties panel but my simple test gave a identical , indented, structure in the excel sheet on the second page in the excel sheet.

Maybe i should try something larger than this mini assy.

Regards,
Tomas

The more you know about a subject, the more you know how little you know about that subject.

Changing the sorting of the ANT changes the order of the export, but I did not notice it effecting the order of the Mass properties export. Ultimately, I need the mass properties of each component associated to its callout. This may be easier to achieve using a journal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back