Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting complex assembly with each component as an STL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlborough

Automotive
Jun 21, 2008
CA
Hey guys. What would be the quickest way to export a big assembly with each component separate as an STL? Only way I can think of is using Wave Geometry Linker, removing parameters and export STL for each individual part. I believe exporting multiple parts causes them to become a single entity making it impossible to assign materials in a program like Maya. Can anything be exported using vizmockup to reduce system resource allocation compared to doing it in NX?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can import stp files into Maya, Or at least you Can you import stp files into 3ds max. I do not have experience with Maya.?
Also for us when we use STP files the models import as surfaces, vs Vertices and small triangles. So I can select surfaces, vs selecting small vertices and such for different material shadings.
You could also try exporting out a JT file with paying attention to the option Organize JT files selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back