Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting/Importing part of a reach into another HEC-RAS project 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeemaCE

Civil/Environmental
Oct 24, 2007
US
I have two HEC-RAS projects - one is existing, one is proposed. (I made 2 separate project because the alignment changed significantly on a section of the proposed, and it seemed easier to use AutoCAD Civil 3D by just starting a new project.
Now, the client would like to see what happens if we leave a portion of the channel in place but use the proposed channel in another portion. The area where we would use the proposed channel uses the same alignment (and stationing) as the existing.
I thought I could make a copy of the existing channel project, then update/insert the cross sections that one area to match what is in the proposed channel project.
Is there a simple way to import the geometry of ONLY the area in question into another project?
Thanks
Rebecca

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Open the HEC model you wish to import into - In the geometry editor select File>Import Geometry Data>HEC RAS Format - Navigate to the geometry file (.g01)you wish to export from and click OK - Click through the tabs to select the cross-sections and other data you wish to import. If your river stationing between the old and imported alignment are the same, the old will be automatically deleted and replaced. If the stationing is different, you may want to manually delete the old stations before importing the new because they will overlap. The "Import Status" in the cross-section table will tell you if it is an existing cross-section that will be replaced, or a new cross-section that will be added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back