Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting mesh from femap to abaqus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonor

Bioengineer
Jun 1, 2020
PT
Hey there!

I'm new to abaqus and femap so i still have some trouble dealing with it.
I have a model in femap that I want to export to abaqus so I can run some tests.
I created an inp file from femap but as it's a complex model and I just want to use some parts of it in abaqus, I created several .inp files from that one (two for each "part", one regarding the nodes and other regarding the elements) and created a new inp where i call the nodes and elements of the several "parts" I want to use in abaqus.
when I do "File > import > model" in abaqus and choose the .inp file I created, nothing happens in abaqus, I can't see the model I imported.

Any tips?

Thanks a lot!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Do you get any errors in the Message Area when importing this input file ? How are the files with node and element definitions referenced in the main input file ?

This is what appears in the Massage area: (main in the file I imported)

A new model database has been created.
The model "Model-1" has been created.
The model "main" has been created.
NoKeywordsDefinedError: This occurred while scanning input file for fixed format and parameterized data.
The model "main" has been imported from an input file.
Please scroll up to check for error and warning messages.

In the main.inp I have:
*INCLUDE,input=file_name.inp

for all nodes and elements files

Yes! I can finally open it, but the geometry is not okay, as some nodes have as coordinates (0,0,0). However, I think there are many nodes like this, is there any way I can find what nodes are missing coordinates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back