Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting solidworks or PDM information in Vantage PLM

Status
Not open for further replies.

brudje

Mechanical
Nov 18, 2004
US
My company is in the middle of updating our PLM software to Vantage. Currently we have a few non linked systems to do BOM,Routes, Cost role up, etc...
Does anyone have any experience with "exporting"/linking Solidworks information (drawing information mostly) to a PLM software of this type.
Would this type of "export" require programming patches. In my days with PTC I know you could get into the code and change and customize, and write C scripts to do almost anything. I am not a programmer, so alot of this stuff was over my head, and still is.
However,Any information about the "export"/linking of software to solidwork or PDM, or a place to begin my investigation would be greatly appreciated...

As always Thanks in advance for the help !!!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I share your feeling about PDM works...
This would not be in the place of PDM.This VANTAGE software would be in addition to it. It is more for scheduling,costing jobs, and inventory type things...It would use PDM for BOM info when building up assembly and shop orders, routes, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back