Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extensive On-line source of fly ash UW's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clems05

Civil/Environmental
Jul 28, 2004
US
Hello,

I am on a project where there has been more than 1 million yrds of ash excavation and still a good bit more to go. Fortunetly, we had tests done on our ash here (all from the same source though, in fact, just as peice somewhat useless information, this coal allowed the utility to pay for a $300+ million dam with the tax credits) , as the coal is mostly mined from the same place and burned the same way the UWs are relatively consistent. We know the sources of several types of ash we're excavating down to in the next few days and will likely have to move some of it more than once given spatial site constraints. Back in school, I distinctly recall seeing a table listing UWs of ash by power plant and / or / possibly mine location, and thinking it was a pretty useless peice of information back then. Maybe someone familiar with fly ash concrete would know a good source.

Thanks

RHardison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back