Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrashDummy11

Mechanical
Jun 8, 2009
US
Hi all. I am trying to create an external thread in SolidEdge ST. The help file says the location of the thread function is Home tab?Solids group?Hole list, but I only see the "Hole" function on the solids tab and it only wants to let me create normal holes. What am I missing? How do I do the external thread?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There is not an arrow on the right side of my hole button....it's just a button. I'm not sure what you mean by Sync-Mode, but I have SolidEdge ST so my only option for part creation is "Synchronous Iso Part." The internal help file does say it can be done though; it even has pictures of it. The help file says the location of the thread function is Home tab?Solids group?Hole list

Duh! I always forget about synchronous mode.

Solid Edge ST offers two modes of modeling: traditional and synchronous mode. Only traditional has the external thread tool.

If you want to work in the traditional environment, you can go to the options and activate the traditional & synchronous option. You will then be able to see the traditional templates.

the exact location to activate either mode is:
Application - Options - User Profile
there set the pull-down to 'Traditional and Synchronous'

dy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back