Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extraction of Stiffness matrix(s) in Abaqus for Nonlinear FE case

Status
Not open for further replies.

adas_11

Electrical
May 21, 2019
IN
Hi,

I am studying the behaviour of a soft robotic manipulator with elastomer material like rubber which has nonlinear material behaviour.
For solving a nonlinear FE case with 'Nlgeom' ON, the Stiffness matrix and external load vector are updated at each iteration by the relation. [K(x)]x = F_ext(x). how do I extract the Stiffness Matrix at each time step?

Regards,

Apurba

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You should post this in the abaqus forum - you will get much more help there.

(PS: I know that you can extract the FE matrices, but not sure if it is possible during the NR iterations when these are updated for every iteration - sure someone will know in the abaqus forum)

You can extract matrices using *Matrix generate keyword but it’s a linear perturbation step. The documentation states that initial stress and load stiffness effects caused by preloads and initial conditions are included for NLgeom analysis.

For more information see the documentation („Generating matrices” chapter) or this article:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back