Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Extrude company logo (DXF file)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimnissen

Mechanical
Nov 9, 2010
DK
Hi

I am trying to import our company logo into some parts.

I make an new sketch and use Data from file... function to import the dxf.
I get the logo into the sketch.

There is many details on the logo so the sketch gets one million dimensions and there is some double lines in the logo.

How to "pretty up" the logo and remove double lines?

Is there some how to make the logo some kind of sketcher palette but without dimensioning other than scaling?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Unfortunately, if you have a complex logo, it is nearly impossible to bring it in without having a screen full of dimensions. It is possible to import it into a sketch (with no references) and save it (the sketch), then add it to your custom pallet for later import. No matter what, though, you will ALWAYS get the dimensions.

One way to avoid that, assuming you already have the logo properly scaled and a a 2004 DXF in the same units as your model, would be to import it into the model (not as a sketch).

If you are using WF3, 4, or 5, this should work (Creo, too):

1. Build your model
2. Add a coordinate system at the center point of where you want the logo to go. Positive X to the right, Positive Y up, and Positive Z should be normal to the logo placement
3. Make sure that your logo is centered on the origin for the DXF with pos X to the right, pos Y vertical.
4. In Wildfire, go under TOOLS>Insert Shared Data, From File...
5. Select your DXF and when it asks for a coordinate system, change it from default to the one you created

This will import your DXF as a sketch, but with no dimensions (as it is an imported feature now). You can then create a new sketch and reference the outlines of you imported logo. After you create your logo'd feature, just hide the imported sketch (make sure to do a EDIT>VISIBLITY>Save Status...).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back