Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

extrusion bac

Status
Not open for further replies.

manuelo

Oct 25, 2003
PE
Hello to All
Someone knows where I can find the data of extrusion BAC 1514-1687? I am working in B727, where it needs to perform a splice repair. I have seen in SRM 727 but there is no the dash that I need. There are only the dash 404 and 1017. I will apreciate any help.
Manuelo.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you have access to you can go to ProFile Drawings Library and then Index of Profiles where you can get that information.

If the 727 owner/operator has access to that web site via their agreement with Boeing, you can find it there.

If you do not have access to that web site I am not sure where else you would find it. I can't send it to you as I would be in violation of my company's agreement with Boeing.

Manuelo...

I presume Boeing has 727 service engineers very familiar with the fleet who can assist You, this issue.

BAC1514-1687 profile is listed in my old Tiernay [now Castle Metals] extrusion catalog as their P/N 60-21368. They [Castle Metals] may be able to provide the profile shape.

CAUTION. Knowing the profile shape is only 1/2 the battle... it is important to know the alloy/temper. Strongly suggest You do a hardness and conductivity test of the existing part to ball-park the alloy/temper.

NOTE. I've heard that BAC profile info MIGHT be available thru MyBoeingFleet.com... asssuming you are a registered user.

Regards, Wil Taylor

Trust - But Verify!

We believe to be true what we prefer to be true.

For those who believe, no proof is required; for those who cannot believe, no proof is possible.

Thank you for your comments and suggestions.
Yes, when I was a registered user with Boeing, I used to get data from myboeingfleet for working.
Well, I will try with Castle Metals catalog.
Best Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back