Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

EZ Flow drain pipe opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy J

Civil/Environmental
Dec 3, 2016
US
Has anyone used or know of builders using EZ Flow pipe for perimeter foundation drains for residential applications? Supposedly they are becoming more popular, but I don't know if they work or not. Looks like they might pop out of the ground where there isn't much cover on them in rainy conditions.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This is all I can find on the question regarding minimum cover.
[URL unfurl="true" said:
https://www.ndspro.com/PDFs/Brochures/EZ-Flow-Brochure.pdf[/URL]]Structural Capability -- EZflow drainage systems are designed for use in residential and light commercial non-traffic drainage applications. EZflow drainage systems are designed to withstand single pass construction wheel loading and occasional light vehicular load of up to 16,000 lbs. per axle provided the product is installed in a trench with 12" of compacted fill placed over the bundles. EZflow drainage systems are not designed to be placed under live-load traffic conditions such as paved or non-paved roadways, driveways or parking areas.

Yes, they work. I am in a high rainfall area and have used them in 3 different designs. All have worked well. The oldest is about 5 years old and continues to work well. I am starting another design soon using EZ Flow as an interceptor drain around a structure on a slope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back