Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FACE TO FACE DIMENSION PROBLEM IN VALVE DUE TO WELDED FLANGE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunilsk

Mechanical
Jan 14, 2021
IN
HELLO,
our company designing a valve as vendor for another company which is CL-150 RATING AS per ASME standard. let me give you detail information so you all can figure out what's the problem:
it is DN 15 forged SS needle valve(put in category of globe valve) AS per API 602 welded neck FLANGED END.
FACE TO FACE DIMENSIONS AS PER B16.10 which is 108 for DN 15.
AS our comapany only make socket welded & threaded API 602 valve. so for this project we are buying a flange & gonna weld with forged body as per standard. so the problem is that our valve body face to face is around 90. but ASME B16.5 DN 15 CL-150 welded neck FLANGE FACE TO FACE IS 48. If i add body length & two flanges length its gonna give large length value than proposed B16.10 length.
KINDLY Guide me how to solve this issue. we already proposed this project.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

yea but they asked API 602 based valve and in API 602 face to face dimensions as from b 16.10. our last choice is that as you said gonna label is as non standard face to face dimensions & will wait for approval.
thanks

Can you post a diagram of your valve with this 90mm dimension.

Have you considered welding a slip on flange over the end pipe connection you use for socket weld?

Slip on flanges are about 16-20mm end to flange face.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

hey actually this project essential requirement iswelded neck flange.
i talked to my senior and they ordered me to send non standard length to client & wait for approval.
thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back