Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Failed to check License in lum

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudhakarn

Automotive
Apr 1, 2013
IN
Hi,
I know its a basic question for my level.But still cant help.What does it mean when i get this message "Failed to check Licesnes" and the catia window is grayed out except save and exit options while running a catia session.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

it means CATIA could not contact the license server and the only option you are left with is "save".

Check your license server, your license or your network...

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

Hi folks,

We have seen that there is no issue with the network or the license server.we have also resetted the windows profile but still the issue persists."failed to check licenses and the icons gray out".any thing else to look for?

On the window where you choose licenses, click on the "Active Server:" button. This should match the network and port # your License Server Administration Tool is on. If not, you're missing a .txt file in your root folder.

use LUM Basic License Tool and check from that client that you can actually see all you servers.

BTW its time to upgrade CATIA and switch to DSLS...

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

Hi folks,

Thanks for your replies.i believe this issue is due to the windows server updates in the system.BTW the license servers are fine.pl let me know if you have further inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back