Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Failed to save document! Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogarila

Mechanical
Oct 28, 2001
CA
I know this has been discussed so many times but a search on the forum reveals no solution. So I am getting it again in an assembly created by someone else who was let go recently. We had to down size. Anyway, I was hopping this "failed to save" was a thing of the past but SolidWorks Corporation will not let us forget. So I am using SW2009 SP3.0 and I get "failed to save document" in a part and in an assembly and I have no idea how to get rid of it.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That error is, usually, a network issue not a software issue. Are you working across then network?

Jeff Mirisola, CSWP, Certified DriveWorks AE
CAD Administrator, Ultimate Survival Technologies
My Blog

Are all users on the same service pack? We find there is an increase in "failed to save" and "connection was lost" problems when sp.'s are out of sych.

Like you, we used to get the same error message. Our VAR instructed us to do a hard rebuild, ctrl+Q, for every configuration the file in question may have then save it. It works for us.

Regards,
Dan Olid
SW2008 SP5.0
PDMW 2008 SP5.0
Cad Designer/PDMW Admin

When I get fail to save error it is usually when I am using configurations. To fix the problem I open each configuration and do a force rebuild "Cnt'l Q" then I am able to save the file as normal. If you are not using configuration do not know if this will work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back